Students are required to observe discipline and follow norms in every matter of the College-academic and administrative. Good conduct and academic excellence are the watchwords of the institution.
Special care is taken to maintain all round discipline in the College. Students must attend their classes regularly. According to the rules of the University of Calcutta students must have 75% attendance or above in each subject for being eligible to appear in University Examinations. If attendance is above or equal to 60% but below 75% in each subject, non-collegiate fee is to be paid as per rules. Students having attendance below 60% for any reason whatsoever will be treated as Discollegiate and will be debarred from appearing the University Examination as per Calcutta University Rule. No appeal in this regard will be entertained.
Students are informed to note that 22.5% and 5% of the total seats are to be reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes respectively. These rules are to be maintained strictly at the time of admission. There is no Government Order for the reservation of OBC Candidates till date.
- No change of subject is allowed after the University fixed date.
- Rs. 50/- will be charged per subject for any change in subject or combination, within the stipulated time, as subject enrolment fee.
- Fees once paid are not refunded. All Caution Money is refunded on successful completion of the course. Counter foil of caution money deposit slip must be produced at the time of claiming refund. In case of loss of the counterfoil mentioned above, a duplicate fee book may be obtained on payment of Rs. 25/-. In such cases an application should be made asking for duplicate fee book for taking refund of caution money.
- Caution money refund must be claimed within two academic years after completion of the course. An application for the same must be submitted in writing. Refund will be made 7 days after receiving of the said application.
- Administrative fee at the rate of Rs. 10/- per year will be charged for late collection of diplomas and certificates.
- All payments are to be made at the College cash counter or Central Bank, Bhowanipore branch only, duly filled in the fee book, in quadruplicate.
- All application made by the students, must mention the name, roll number and class of the student.
- Absence from any college examination should be reported in advance/on date to the Principal with documents regarding absence along with the guardian’s letter.
- The appeal countersigned by the Principal is to be submitted to the College office. A photostat copy must be kept by the student. Consideration in such cases made at the discretion of the Principal and the Academic Committee.
- Defaulters cannot claim retrospective attendance.
- Students of B.A. / B. Sc General and Honours and B. Com classes must clear all dues for the session and return all Library Books at the end of each academic year, before filling up the CU Examination Forms.
- A fine of Rs. 2.00 per day per book will be charged for late return of library books.
- Registration forms must be filled in by students of 1st year B.A. or B.Sc. (General & Honours) and B.Com classes within the time specified by the University.
- Students are to deposit an additional amount of Rs. 400/- as Library Caution Money at the time of admission to 1st year.