The College has a well-equipped Main Library with reading room facilities. It has a stock of more than 60,000 books and journals. There is also a separate Text Book Library with a reading room at 77, Asutosh Mukherjee Road, for the benefit of students. Departments, offering honours courses, have individual seminar libraries for their honours students. In the extended campus we have two more common room libraries.
Library Rules for General Library
- General Library remains open from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM for normal working days and upto 9:00 AM for Saturday.
- Books have to be returned 8:00 AM everyday.
- Student may lend books from the library for the use in their home. Demand slip is duly filled in and submitted to the counter within 8:00 AM for “Home issue”.
- Books are issued to the students for Home use from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Students may get books from the library on the scheduled days for different classes.
- Studnets may get one volume of book per borrowers’ card and may retain a book up to for 15 days. A penalty of Rs. 2:00 per day per volume of book will be charged on expiry of the due date of return. Sundays and holidays are exempted.
- Books for reading within the library (Reference Books) can not be taken out of the library.
- Library card holder is liable for any book borrowed on lost card and the library does not undertake any responsibility in such cases. When a book is borrowed from the library attention of library staff should be drawn in case of any defect or damage. Otherwise the last borrower will be held responsible.
- Textbook libraries remain open from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM for normal working days and upto 9:00 AM for Saturday.
- Books may be issued to students for reference and home issue at any time till the library is closed.
- Note that rules 1, 2, 3 and 4 are not applicable for the Textbook Library located at 77, Asutosh Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700026.
- All the information related to Library will be published on the Notice Board specified for the Library. Students are requested to follow the notice board for the information related to Library and no personal communication or intimation to the students will be encouraged in this matter.
|Smt. Arundhuti Ray||M.Sc.,MLIS.||Librarian|