Designation : Assistant Professor
Communications through e-mail is preferred instead of telephone
Area of Specialization : Structural Geology
Research Extension :
Study and analysis of mesoscopic deformational structures and microstructures.
Teaching Experience :
Joined Jogamaya Devi College as a lecturer in geology in December 2000.
1. Geology Honours First Year: Mineralogy I and II, Structural Geology I.
2. Geology Honours Second Year: Structural Geology II.
3. Geology Honours Third Year: Principles of Stratigraphy, Hydrogeology and a part of Phanerozoic stratigraphy.
4. Geology General Course Second Year: Structural Geology, Practical of Mineralogy.
Professional Membership : Life member of Indian Association of Remote Sensing (IARS). 2. Life member of Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG).
Important Publication :
In Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Mazumder, A., Ghosh, B., Ghosh, T.K., 2008. Sedimentation of Lower Gondwana rocks around Garikalan-Kudwe area, North Karanpura Coalfield, Hazaribagh District, Jharkhand. Proceedings of A.P. Akademi of Science 12 (3), p. 320 – 329
- Chakraborty, A., Hasiotis, S.T., Ghosh, B., Bhattacharya, H. N., Preliminary Report on the Middle Siwalik (middle Miocene-lower Pleistocene) Fluvial Trace Fossils of Darjeeling Himalayas, Darjeeling-Jalpaiguri Districts, West Bengal, India, Article in Press, Manuscript communicated to Journal of Asian Earth Science.
- Ghosh, G., Ghosh, B. and Mukhopadhyay, J., Stratigraphic and tectonic analyses of the Palaeoarchaean-Mesoproterozoic supracrustal successions along the west-northwestern margin of the Singhbhum Granitoid body, eastern India: a synthesis, Manuscript accepted in the Journal of Geological Society of London, May 2013.
In Edited Volumes
- Mukhopadhyay, L., Ghosh, B., 2010. Mining induced land degradation and contamination – impact on sustainability of traditional economic livelihood: an analytical framework, in: Nautiyal, S., Nayak, B. P. (eds.), Ecological Economics: An Approach towards Socioeconomic and Environmental Sustainability, pp 209 – 220; ISEC, Bangalore
- Ghosh, B., 2013, Clays and their constituents – definitions and a brief overview, in: Mukherjee, S., (ed.), The Science of Clays – Applications in Industry, Engineering, and Environment, Springer (Jointly published with Capital Publishing Company, India).
- Ghosh, B., 2013, Clays: industrial applications and their determinants, In: Mukherjee, S., (ed.), The Science of Clays – Applications in Industry, Engineering, and Environment, Springer (Jointly published with Capital Publishing Company, India).
- Ghosh, B., 2013, Beneficial and hazardous aspects of clays in nature: A brief overview, In: Mukherjee, S., (ed.), The Science of Clays – Applications in Industry, Engineering, and Environment, Springer (Jointly published with Capital Publishing Company, India).
In Abstract Volumes:
- Ghosh, B., Ghosh G., Mukhopadhyay J., 2010. Development of Shear Zone Fabrics within Deformed Supracrustals along the Northwestern Margin of the Singhbhum Granite Batholith, Eastern India.First Rock Deformation and Structures (RDS-I) Conference, Abstract Volume, p. 14 – 15.
- Ghosh, G., Das, P., Ghosh, B., Mukhopadhyay, J., 2012. Deformation Microstructures and Shear Fabric development within Singhbhum Granite Batholith near Saraikela, Eastern India and its Kinematic Implications. Second Rock Deformation and Structures (RDS-II) Conference, Abstract Volume, p. 46- 47.
- Das, P., Ghosh, G., Ghosh, B. and Mukhopadhyay, J., 2013. Interpretation of the AMS fabric in the Jhinkpani Limestone, Kolhan Group, Singhbhum Craton. National workshop on modern geological and geophysical methods and their application, Golden Jubilee Abstract Volume, p. 35.
Research Projects :
No ongoing research project.
Participated in the following recently-concluded research project as Co-Principal Investigator.
Title of the project: STRUCTURAL AND STRATIGRAPHIC ANALYSES OF THE SUCCESSIONS BETWEEN THE SINGBHUM GRANITE AND THE SINGHBHUM SHEAR ZONE IN THE CHAKRADHARPUR-CHAIBASA-JAGANNATHPUR SECTOR: IMPLICATIONS FOR TECTONO-STRATIGRAPHIC EVOLUTION OF A PRECAMBRIAN CRATON-MOBILE BELT BOUNDARY
Conducted at: Dept. of Geology, Presidency University, Kolkata.
Sponsoring Agency: Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Project Number: SR/S4/ES–421/2009 dated- 23.4.2010
Date of Commencement: 01/08/2010
Date of completion: 30/01/2014
Collaborations : Nil
Special Achievements :