Designation : Associate professor
Area of Specialization : Plant Biotechnology
Research Extension :
Plant Biotechnology, Tissue Culture, Cytogenetics
Teaching Experience :
1. Under-Graduate Course in Botany (Plant Biotechnology, Tissue Culture, Cytogenetics, Bryophytes)
2. Post-Graduate Course in Botany (Plant Biotechnology, Tissue Culture, Cytogenetics)
1. National scholarship scheme (1990-91)
2. National scholarship scheme (1992-93)
Professional Membership : Not yet taken
Important Publication :
- Ray, S., Ghosh, B., Sen, S., Jha, S., 1996. Withanolide production by root cultures of Withania somnifera transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes. Planta Medica 62, 571 – 573.
- Ray, S., Jha, S., 1999. Withanolide synthesis in cultures of Withania somnifera transformed with Agrobacterium rhizogenes. Plant Science 146, 1 – 7.
- Jha. S., Mukherjee, S., Ray, S., 2000. Development of transformed organ cultures using Agrobacterium for production of secondary metabolites. Paper presented at CIMAP – Lucknow September 16th – 18th, 2000.
- Jha, S., Ghosh, B., Ray, S., Bandyopadhyay, M., Datta, M. M., 2000. Production of secondary metabolites in tissue cultures and Agrobacterium transformed cultures of some Indian medicinal plants. Paper presented in The Asia Pacific Conference on Plant Tissue Culture and Agribiotechnology: at Singapore November 19th – 23rd, 2000.
- Ray, S., Jha, S., 2001. Production of withaferin A in shoot cultures of Withania somnifera. Planta Medica 67, 1 – 5.
- Ray, S., 2001. Tissue culture and Agrobacterium mediated transformation in Withania somnifera for production of withanolides. Paper presented in 88 th Indian Science Congress, New Delhi January 3rd – 7th, 2001.
- Ray, S., Jha, S., 2001. Production of pharmaceuticals by plant shoot cultures: Withaferin A, an antitumor drug. Agricell Report 37(4).
- Ray, S., Jha, S., 2002. Regeneration of Withania somnifera plants. J. Trop. Med. Plants 3(1), 89 – 95.
Research Projects :
Collaborations : Not Yet
Special Achievements :
No such achievement till now