B.A., B.Sc. and B. Com Admission Qualification

Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 Course) conducted by the Higher Secondary Council – West Bengal, or an equivalent examination recognized as such by the University, with five subjects, including English as one of the language papers, carrying not less than 100 marks, may be admitted to the 1st Year Degree Class (General and/or Honours) of the College.

Note that:

  1. A candidate, who appeared but could not obtain pass marks in any requisete subject at the previous qualifying examination, will not be allowed to take up that subject in the degree course.
  2. Norms of C.U. will be followed strictly in admitting students from open schools/correspondence courses.

Students must bring the original mark sheet of the H.S. Examination, original Admit Cards of both the H.S. and Madhyamik (Secondary) Examination and character certificate from the institution wherefrom she passed the last examination at the time of admission, Photo copies of all documents are to be submitted. As per rule of University Rs. 10/- is to be paid for Registration Form in addition to the Registration Fee.

Students seeking admission to the Second or Third Year class after “break in study” must submit their application on or before the 31st of July. They will have to produce their Admit Cards, Mark-sheets and Registration Certificate along with their application at the time of admission.

Students who fail to get promotion to the next higher class must take readmission in the existing class.

Admission to Second Year and Third Year classes will not be allowed after the specified date as set by the University/ College Authority.

(Provisional Enrolment Fees for B.A. Class – Rs. 150/-, B.Sc. Class – Rs. 250/- and B.Com Class – Rs. 150/-).

No refund can be claimed by the candidates for the fees deposited towards provisional admission to the next higher class.

If any migrating student fails to produce Migration Certificate at the time of admission, she may be given, at the discretion of the Principal, one month’s time to produce it. If the Migration Certificate is not produced within one month from the date of admission, the admission of the student is liable to be cancelled. All cases like break in study or migration from Board/Council outside West Bengal, or migration from any other University should be brought to the notice of the Principal before admission.