Jogamaya Devi College is one of the premier institutions for women’s education in India. The college has been tirelessly engaged in the creation of a long and illustrious lineage of women achievers in every field of life. The galaxy of eminent personalities the college has as its alumni, bears testimony to this noble Endeavour. It provides opportunity for higher
education to a large number of students from different economic cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds as well as minority communities and backward classes (S.C., S.T. and O.B.C.)
AATMA DEEPO BHAVA (Let the light within guide you)
- To empower women from all sections of society through holistic education centered on academics.
- To instill in our students moral values, discipline and dynamism along with imparting quality education.
- To sustain the rich legacy of excellence of the college.
To cater to the ever-increasing need for women’s education in West Bengal, its neighboring States and countries like Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- To impart quality education to women students from backward classes and firstgeneration learners from economically challenged backgrounds, thereby encouraging inclusive growth.
- To provide an ambience that makes our students ethically strong and professionally competent and, thereby, contributing to a healthy and prosperous society.
- To encourage innovative thinking and creativity and inculcate research skills in our students.
- To optimize the use of available infrastructure for sustained development of the college.
- To supplement and enrich the existing curriculum through seminars and extension lectures by eminent scholars.
- To adequately assess and address the special needs of backward students through the implementation of Remedial Programmes.
- To encourage greater participation of students in various academic, cultural and social activities and to develop healthy co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.
Every year the college conducts an orientation programme for the incumbent first year learners, in which the vision, mission, objectives and code of discipline are communicated to the students.
The college administration functions through several statutory and non-statutory committees. The teachers and staff members participate in framing and implementing the policies of the college through regular meetings.
- Governing Body
- Finance Committee
- Academic Committee
- Building Committee
- Teachers’ Council
- Admission Committee
- Examination Committee
- Library Committee
- Routine Committee
- Prospectus Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Election Committee
- NAAC Committee
- Prize Committee, etc
The academic calendar and college prospectus are published each year and distributed among students at the time of admission. All information and decisions are timely circulated to the students, teachers and the non-teaching staff through notices, which are also displayed in the notice book. All relevant notifications regarding curricular and co-curricular activities are further communicated through this official website of the college